You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
Does this picture remind you of Ice cream?
Do you crave to have it? Well so do I?
But waits its not ice cream but a Creamy Curd and Mint Dip!!
Its called Chakkah !!
Chakkah is thick and creamy strained yogurt served in Afghanistan either as a dip or a sauce. It is also used as an ingredient in many Afghani dishes.
- 2 cup curds
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Using a cheese cloth hang the curds for 2 -3 hours. (As I do not like the smell of the cheesecloth, after I remove the curds I prefer to use a fine nylon strainer for the job.
- The result of the hanging should be a creamy and not dry.
- Mix the yogurt and the garlic in a bowl. Do not beat.
- Cover and refrigerate till required.
- Just before serving, stir in the salt and half the chopped mint.
- Garnish with the remaining mint and serve.
- This makes 1 cup of Minty Chakkah.
- This Chakkah should have a nice but not too strong, flavour of garlic so add as much garlic you need to get that.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!