My Quick and Easy Potato Leek Soup is flavoured with cumin coriander seed powder and is perfect for all you busy bachelors out there. This one pot soup is perfect for those days when time is scarce, and you are hungry . This go-to bachelor soup, uses basic ingredients in their pantry. they have onion,...
This Sticky Date cake is made with Cashew Nuts and is just what it promises to be Chocolaty, sticky with dates and cashew nuts. The only complaint from hubby was why no walnuts. Point taken…
This BM we had ingredient share and I want to show off as my partner, Amara has praised my baking. What she sent me was dates, cashew nuts and sugar. This was the first bake I did. I loved the sticky texture and the yummy chocolaty taste.
I almost gave up baking this cake as I had already baked using dates like Egg-less Date and Walnut Cake, Komaj, but then like I said my ego would not allow me. Though this one is similar to the one from Aai’s recipe that was my first bake with dates I will prefer this method as there is no pre-planning. I copied it from the Woman’s Weekly Baking. Actually, there is a chocolate icing that goes over it but I did not do it.
Come back tomorrow to see my final bake.
Chocolate Sticky Date Cashew Nut Cakes
- 1 ¾ cups Dates deseeded, 250g
- 1 ⅓ cup Boiling water 330ml
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 125 grams Butter softened
- ¾ cups Brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 cups Self-rising flour
- ½ cup Chocolate bits
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 16 cupcake moulds or like me 8*8 mould
- Add the dates and water in a pan boil.
- Once it boils remove from heat. Add and stir the baking powder set aside for 10 minutes.
- Blend until almost smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Sift the cocoa (if using), self-rising flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Add the curds and beat well.
- Stir in the sifted flour, the dates mixture and the chocolate and the cashew nuts. reserve a few of the chocolate and cashew nuts for the top.
- Transfer to a batter to the mould. Tap sharply on the platform to get rid of any air bubbles. Add the chocolate and cashew nuts on top.
- Bake in the oven 25 minutes or till done. The best test, I feel, is when the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the mould on the rack. Let it stand for 10 minutes then remove the cakes from the mould
- Make your own self-rising flour: 1 Cup Maida or all-purpose flour + 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder + ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add 3 eggs if you want to make it with eggs.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!