A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
Cashew Nut and Almond Kulfi
|Cashew Nut and Almond Kulfi/Qulfi/Khulfi|
- 6 cups of high fat milk, with cream
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tblspn sugar (if needed)
- ½ tin condensed milk
- 3 tblspn corn flour
- 10 almonds, coarsely chopped
- 15 cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- A few strands of saffron
- Mix the corn flour in ½ cup of milk and set aside.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar.
- Simmer stirring constantly using a slotted spoon till the milk is reduced to half.
- Add the milkmaid and the cream, saffron. Stir and boil for a minute or two.
- Now add the corn flour mixture and bring to boil till the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
- Run in the whipper section of the mixer or use the hand mixer with the beaters. Whip well. (Not necessary but I find this way the cream is well distributed).
- In the last round add the almonds and the cashew nuts.
- Transfer to kulfi moulds cover and freeze vertically.
- Once firm the kulfi can be served.
- To serve the kulfi dip the moulds in water then run a knife around the edges. Transfer to a plate.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.