You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
Cashew Nut and Almond Kulfi
|Cashew Nut and Almond Kulfi/Qulfi/Khulfi|
- 6 cups of high fat milk, with cream
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tblspn sugar (if needed)
- ½ tin condensed milk
- 3 tblspn corn flour
- 10 almonds, coarsely chopped
- 15 cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- A few strands of saffron
- Mix the corn flour in ½ cup of milk and set aside.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar.
- Simmer stirring constantly using a slotted spoon till the milk is reduced to half.
- Add the milkmaid and the cream, saffron. Stir and boil for a minute or two.
- Now add the corn flour mixture and bring to boil till the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
- Run in the whipper section of the mixer or use the hand mixer with the beaters. Whip well. (Not necessary but I find this way the cream is well distributed).
- In the last round add the almonds and the cashew nuts.
- Transfer to kulfi moulds cover and freeze vertically.
- Once firm the kulfi can be served.
- To serve the kulfi dip the moulds in water then run a knife around the edges. Transfer to a plate.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.