You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
Goan Catholics enjoy Caldin a delicious vegetable dish. Quick and yummy it’s a treat to the tastebuds.
- A small knob of Ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 2 Green chillies
- ¼ teaspoon Haldi
- ¼ teaspoon jeera
- ¼ cup coconut
For the coconut milk:
- 1 coconut grated
Rest of the ingredients:
- 4 cups mixed vegetables
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- A lemon sized ball of tamarind
- First, extract coconut milk one thin and one thick. In case you need here is how.
- In thin milk soak the tamarind.
- Grind all the ingredients under to grind heading to a fine paste using a little water.
- Fry onion till translucent add the tomatoes and fry till they are softer.
- Add the ground masala fry on a low flame.
- Add the thin coconut milk. Add veggies, salt & boil covered till the veggies are par-boiled.
- Add the thick juice. Cook till done.
- Serve with steamed rice or rotis. The Goans will prefer it with pav or uno.
Pair Caldin with Vadiyo Kismoor Recipe on the side.