Sakhar Bhat is a Sweetened Rice Pulao an Indian Delicacy cooked on festive occasions. Delicious, easy and simple to make with the versatile ingredient rice.
Ever since I have seen cabbage fitters here I have been making them.
So what is different today? Well, today I have not added soda at all.
This is an old tip that my hubby’s grandmother, Mai, passed on to me, I added cooked daal instead of soda. The fitters or bhaaji came out crisper and did not absorb oil.
1 cup cabbage
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
½ teaspoon haldi powder
½ teaspoon Coriander powder
½ teaspoon jeera powder
Besan or chick pea flour
A lemon sized ball of daal
Oil for frying
1. Mix the cabbage, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and coriander and jeera powder and let it rest for about ½ an hour. (I let it rest for about 3 hours).
2. When you want to fry them add the daal, besan a tblspn of hot oil. Mix well.
3. Adjust the seasoning and then drop the batter in small balls from a teaspoon in the hot oil carefully.
4. Fry on low flame both sides till done, drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with tomato sauce or as my daughters had with mustard.