Gajak is a brittle made traditionally with peanuts, sesame seeds and jaggery. Enjoy this chikki as you bask in the winter sun or around the Lohri bonfire.
Many times my MIL made “Bhopla che Baharit” which is red pumpkin mashed salad. There are no fixed proportions that make this simple yet tasty salad. You can boil the peeled pumpkin in the cooker with your rice and daal.
4. Serve chilled.
Lal Bhoplyache Bharit Recipe
- Pressure cooker
- Spoons and Ladles
- 1 cup boiled pumpkin
- ½ cup curds
- 1 tablespoon cream optional
For the Tempering:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 green chilli adjust as per taste
- A spring of curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon carrots grated, optional
- Peel and add the pumpkin in the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and let the pressure drop naturally.
- Mash the boiled pumpkin and let it cool.
- Meanwhile in a bowl beat the curds and cream.
- Add salt and the mashed pumpkin. Mix well.
Let us make the tempering:
- Heat oil and crackle mustard, cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies. Add to the pumpkin and curd mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated carrots.
- Serve with chapati, rice and dal.