This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Lal Bhoplyache Bharit Recipe
Many times my MIL made "Bhopla che Baharit" which is red pumpkin mashed salad. There are no fixed proportions that make this simple yet tasty salad. You can boil the peeled pumpkin in the cooker with your rice and daal.
Today I added grated carrots since I like the colour of these carrots known locally as Delhi gajar.
1 Cup boiled pumpkin
½ cup curds
A little cream (optional)
Jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi seeds
1 green chilli (adjust as per taste)
1. Mash the boiled pumpkin.
2. Beat the curds and cream mix, add salt with the pumpkin.
3. Heat oil and crackle mustard, Jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi seeds, hing/asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies.
4. Serve chilled.
Lal Bhoplyache Bharit Recipe
A simple everyday pumpkin salad that is served with Indian food. The pumpkin used is the red one.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- Pressure cooker
- Spoons and Ladles
- 1 cup boiled pumpkin
- ½ cup curds
- 1 tablespoon cream optional
For the Tempering:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 green chilli adjust as per taste
- A spring of curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon carrots grated, optional
- Peel and add the pumpkin in the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles and let the pressure drop naturally.
- Mash the boiled pumpkin and let it cool.
- Meanwhile in a bowl beat the curds and cream.
- Add salt and the mashed pumpkin. Mix well.
Let us make the tempering:
- Heat oil and crackle mustard, cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies. Add to the pumpkin and curd mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated carrots.
- Serve with chapati, rice and dal.
Tried this recipe?Mention @themadscientistskitchen or tag #themadscientistkitchen!
Premalatha Aravindhan says
I Heard about this salad Dear! but never tried this at home...very interesting...tempting clicks.
Looks very tempting and yummylicious.
This looks very tasty. I am hoping it will work with canned pumpkin as I have some in my pantry.
Even I hv posted this salad very recently dear...looks yumm...you can even send this to my salad event...chk my blog for more details
I dont like pumpkin much. Your dish look so tempting i can give it a try once
Santosh Bangar says
gr8 looking tempting
Sounds very interesting, delicious pumpkin salad..
Umm Mymoonah says
A new recipe to me, sounds interesting. Looks very inviting too. Thank you for linking this delicious recipe with Any One Can Cook 🙂
Shobha Keshwani says
Bhopla che Bharit is such a simple dish and looks flavourful. Yogurt must have added the tangy flavours. I have never tasted this and shall give it a try soon.
😀 do try Shobha. You will like it.
Chef Mireille says
what an easy and simple recipe. As I am a pumpkin fanatic, I always have extra pumpkin that needs to be utilized. This is a great standy recipe to have when I need to use it up.
Priya Vj says
Arre wah mast healthy salad using bhopla . I love bhopla and this salad will surely make me happy . I think it will go well with chapatis too
yes tastes great with chapati too.