Sakhar Bhat is a Sweetened Rice Pulao an Indian Delicacy cooked on festive occasions. Delicious, easy and simple to make with the versatile ingredient rice.
Batatyachya Kachrya or Stir-fried Potatoes are the favourite at home.
They get done fast and get over just as fast. An easy option if you are running short of vegetables or have some unexpected guests. My daughter loves it when I give it to her in her tiffin box with chapati.
In Batatyachya Kachrya the main ingredient is of course potato or batata.
There are innumerable ways of making this versatile spud and each is just as delicious. Potatoes are starchy but do you know that potatoes are rich in Vit. C besides niacin, thiamine.
The other potato-related recipes that I have tried are Aloo Methi, Battat Abu Humar Adnee, Mashed Potato, Kapicho Potato, Roasted potato, Dhania Puri and Spicy Potato Bhaji, Potato Fry, Cheesy Potato Nests, Cauliflower and Potato Vegetable , Spicy Garlic Chilli Potato, Batatu nu shaak, Suki Bhaaji.
My meal in the Office.
Batatyachya Kachrya Recipe /Stir-fried Potatoes Recipe
- 6 Medium sized Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon Jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon Hing/Asafoetida
- ½ Teaspoon Haldi/turmeric powder
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Salt to Taste
- Dhania/ Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Wash and peel all the potatoes keep soaked in water. Cut them lengthwise then thinly slice to get quarters. Toss them in the bowl of cold water to prevent blackening of the potatoes.
- Heat a kadhai/wok add the oil. Splutter the mustard seeds and add the jeera, hing and haldi.
- Lower the flame and add the potatoes, red chilli powder, salt.
- Cover and cook till done.
- Serve with chapati, puri or rice and daal.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!