This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Almond Meal & Banana Muffins~ Eggless Baking
I have in an effort to get rid of my lethargy joined new groups where I will be challenged to push my limits and try new recipes.
One of them happens to be Eggless baking by Gayatri. This is my first time here and I am already behind schedule. Sorry Gayatri! Will try to toe the line next time... mind you will try... : D!
We are to try out banana muffins this time. There are 3 issues in my place one the kids should not know there are bananas in the muffins two there has to be chocolate in it and three has to be healthy read no maida or all purpose flour in it.
Well in an effort to experiment I surfed the web and found a delicious recipe here. To be honest I have not checked out the whole fare here but that I plan to rectify shortly.
Well here is my version of the yum muffins
130 grams of whole almonds (+ some more if you want to use them as toppings)
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cooking soda bicarb
⅓ cup buttermilk (next time will use ½)
40 grams sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
6 small bananas
2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
30 grams semi sweet chocolate, chopped in 8 pieces(optional)
Chocolate vermicelli for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 160ᵒC. Grease the muffin moulds (I needed 8).
2. Powder the almonds with baking powder and soda till fine. Here you will have to be careful and pulse the almonds else it clumps together.
3. In the mixer jar beat the buttermilk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla essence, bananas and the cocoa powder till nice and smooth.
4. Pour over the almond meal and stir thoroughly.
5. Spoon the batter in the moulds and smooth over (as always i forgot this part and ended up with uneven cakes).
6. Take a piece of the chocolate and push it in the centre of the mould. Cover with the batter. Sprinkle the chocolate vermicelli on top.
7. Bake for 18 minutes or till the knife or tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before unmolding the muffins.
PS the chocolate just melts next time I will use a bigger piece.
Sending this to Kitchen Chronicles Go Nuts... started by Kalyani and guest hosted by me.
Interesting... so this is Egg Less and Flour Less as well.. nice one, Archana!
Yum! Yum! Yum!
interesting and delicious...bookmarked:)
yummy cupcakes ... I am also baking some now 🙂
Spice up the Curry says
muffin recipe sounds delicious. Love it
Pics look great
Participate in the ongoing giveaway:
Pearl Earrings Giveaway
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
Super delicious muffins !!
Ongoing event CC:Splash Into Summer
Yummy and super tempting muffins.
♥LOVE2COOK MALAYSIA♥ says
Hi dear..wow yummy muffins over there. Feel like having a few with a cuppa coffee now..hehe. You tempted me! Thank you for the wishes dear 🙂
Delicious and healthy.. super combination!
Delicious Adventures says
That's a lovely blog and recipe...visit mine sometime at Delicious Adventures
Anshu Bhatnagar says
This is absolutely delicious!! Egg-less and Flour free...have to try this one..
First time into your blog...You share a beautiful space//
Do visit my space whenever time permits
Event: Dish Name Starts With M
Priya Sreeram says
good one; looks well done
Kitchen Boffin says
great muffins... love anything with banana..am sure the addition of almonds made it all the more yum..