14 November, 2017
Coriander and Garlic Pull Apart Bread for #BreadBakers
Coriander and Garlic Pull Apart is delicious as it is simple to make.
The aroma that fills the house when the bread is baking is mouthwatering is it not? I love it when everyone in the house comes asking what bread! Thanks to Kelly from Passion Kneaded I had a wonderful bread and loved the aroma that filled the whole building.
I love baking bread, not unleavened flatbread they are something we make every day but the bread made with yeast.
The best part of bread baking is mixing the dough and then kneading it. All my stress and frustrations I can take out on the dough and the dough uncomplainingly gives a fantastic bread. What is the part that you like?
When I chose to make this Coriander and Garlic Pull Apart actually it was my second choice. The first one was cinnamon sugar pull apart bread. Since hubby and I are not great fans of cinnamon, I was to depend on my 15-year-old to finish the bread. Making a batch and trusting her to finish it is expecting too much. Therefore, I went by making the bread that I know hubby will love.
Let me warn you this is a huge batch.
I made one cinnamon pull apart, one garlic and coriander chutney pull apart, a pesto lion roll and attempted something that resembles a wheat sheaf. The sheaf well I need to practice.
The rising time will depend on the temperature of your place. It was so hot on the day I made this loaf; my dough was ready in 30 minutes. I had to cancel all plans of a short siesta and get down to work.
The main ingredients for the bread roll are maida or APF, milk powder, yeast, sugar, butter and water. You may use an egg.
For the chutney, I have used coriander, garlic, salt, lemon juice and sugar.
This bread recipe is one that I have here but this time I have not used the food processor to make the dough.
The other rolls that I have tried in the past are
- Shaped Bread Rolls,
- Caterpillar Bread Rolls,
- Paneer Mushroom Garlic Bread Rolls,
- Hokkaido Milk Bread with Tangzhong,
- Lion House Rolls & Stuffed Lion House Rolls.
Coriander and Garlic Pull Apart
For the Dough:
- 2 cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 2/3 cup milk powder
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg (optional)
- 6-6 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose (use bread flour if you have it on hand)
- 1 tbsp oil
For the Garlic Coriander Chutney:
- 10 garlic cloves small
- 1 bunch dhania/ coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 pinch sugar
For the chutney:
- Grind the dhania/ coriander, garlic, salt and sugar to a fine paste.
- Transfer to a container and squeeze the lemon on the ground paste.
- (This will prevent the chutney from darkening).
For the Bread:
Mixing the Dough:
- In the large bowl, dissolve the milk powder in water.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt, butter, egg and 2 cups of the flour.
- Mix with a spatula until ingredients are wet. Stir well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 more cups of flour then mix on gently until the ingredients are wet.
- Continue mixing and as you mix the dough will be getting stiff.
- Transfer to the kitchen platform and mix approximately 1/2 cup of flour use the dough scraper.
- Mix well.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of flour and mix again.
- Continue until you get a dough that is soft but not overly sticky or stiff. You may not need all the flour or you may need more. (The original recipe called for 5 -5 1/2) I needed 6 cups.
- In the bowl that you started with scraper, all the dough then apply about a tablespoon of oil all around the sides.
- Turn the dough over in the bowl so it is covered with the oil. (This helps prevent the dough from drying out.)
- Cover with plastic cling film and allow to rise in a warm place until double in size.
Shaping and Assembling :
- Sprinkle the counter with flour and put the dough on the flour.
- Press gently and degas the dough.
- Make 4 parts of the dough. Since my cinnamon pull apart was for 1 person this was a small ball, the pesto and pull apart were a little bigger and the rest well it was there.
- To make differently shaped rolls check here but this time I rolled out the dough in an oval to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread a layer of the chutney on the dough.
- Bring the longer edge in the centre from one side. Do the same on the other side. Fold over and you will get a rectangle shaped dough.
- Roll it out to 1/4 inch thickness or as thin as you can. (It’s slippery as an eel.)
- Using the dough scraper cut in the center of the rolled dough.
- Cut so that you get about 16 pieces of the entire dough.
- Stand a greased loaf pan on its smaller side.
- Now start piling the cut dough and spread the chutney before you place the next dough slice/piece.
- Once all the dough slices are arranged place the loaf tin on its base.
- Spread the chutney on the dough.
- Let rise in a warm place until the rolls are double in size (approx. 1-1 1/2 hours but keep an eye on an extremely hot day like we had your bread will have risen in no time).
Baking the Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 170ᵒC towards the end of the rise time.
- Brush milk or egg white over the dough.
- Bake in a 170ᵒC oven for 20-30 minutes or until they are browned to your satisfaction.
- Brush with melted butter while hot.
- Remove from the mould after about 10 minutes.
- Eat after the bread cools down.
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Caramel Nut Rolls from House of Nash Eats
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Spill the Spices
- Christmas Tree Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Chrysanthemum Bread from Ambrosia
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Coffee Pull-Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull Apart Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Cranberry Chutney Pull Apart Bread from Spiceroots
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Palatable Pastime
- (High Altitude) Cranberry Orange Cardamom Pull-Apart Bread from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Jalapeño & Cheese Pull Apart Bread from I camp in my kitchen
- Laadi Pav or Pull Apart Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Monkey Bread from Sonlicious
- Overnight Monkey Bread Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Paneer Pesto Pull Apart Rolls from Veena’s Vegnation
- Pull-Apart Dill Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin, Garlic, and Sage Pull Apart Bread from Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Stuffed Sweet Potato Pull Apart Rolls from The Schizo Chef
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
The BadgeFacebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!