The Goan Style Sukhi Potato Bhaji recipe is a no-onion,no-garlic vegetable not dry nor is it runny. It is just right for you to scoop it up with buns or pav.
|Chatang Indian~State: Tripura|
Today we visit Tripura on the 27th day of our journey through the Indian States through our cuisine.
vegetables, although some followers of Vaishnavism tend toward vegetarianism.
The food is considered to be healthy as it is prepared without oil. The major food items of Tripuris include pork, chicken, mutton, beef, turtle, fish, prawns, crabs and frogs. Vegetables grown in the Tripuri households are – Thaihchumu, Dorompai, Momphol, Khaklu, Chakumura, pumpkin, Siping, Moso peppers, Phantok, Belso, Lubiya, Sobai, Orai, Khokleng, Khama, Thah, Mogwdam, corn, Maising, Banta, Khundrupui, Milokbanta,Muiching, Haiching, Swtwih, Wswndwi, Gunthu, Khumchak, Khumjar, Khumdaga, Khumpui, Khumtwisa among many others.
I was really worried what I will make for Tripura I read and reread and reread all the links I could find. Nothing seemed right. Then I saw in Wikipedia Chatang !!! ( Do not believe check under the heading (Chakhwi) It seemed doable. So I did make Chatang!
a traditional gruel. It is made from sorghum flour and/or broom corn millet and/or proso millet flour and glutinous
millet flour. The Chinese name is figurative, not literal, as there is neither any tea nor any soup in this dish.
Osmanthus sauce. It’s also made savoury and I made that.
- 1 tblspn jowar flour
- 1 tblspn kala til/black sesame seed
- 4 / trifala/ Sichuan peppercorns
- ¾ cup water
- Dry roast the flour and set aside to cool in a bowl.
- Grind to a fine paste til/ sesame seeds with the trifala using water as needed.
- To the ¾ cup water, I mixed the ground paste and salt. Let it boil.
- When it came to the time of pouring the water in the bowl I chickened out
- Cooled the water and added the flour to the water then boiled it till got glossy.
- You can try it the traditional way.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!