Last Updated on
For #Buffet on Table today I have Malaysia… sorry cuisine from Malaysia delicious and yummy . See the cuisine is so delicious that I am gobbling up words.
# Roti Jala or Net/Lacy Crepes are deliciously easy to make #Malaysian dish. The name is derived from the Malay words roti (bread) and jala (net). A special ladle with a five-hole perforation used to form its lacy pattern( I used the jelebi maker). #Roti jala is usually eaten as an accompaniment to a curried dish, or served as dessert with a sweet dipping sauce.
The girls loved these # Rotis Jala so much I could not keep pace to the speed they were gobbling them up. 😀
For non-vegetarians, the Chicken Sambal will be yum.
These are the step-wise pics that I have for #How to make Roti Jala
And here is how to roll them. Don’t worry you do not burn your fingers. Just be quick…:D
Jala Roti or Net Pancakes are Breakfast or Snack Dish !!
- Preparation time: 10
- Cook time: 2
- Serves: 4
- 2 Cups Maida/APF
- 2 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Teaspoon yellow colouring
- A pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients into a blender jug and blend for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Scrape the sides of the jug once a while to avoid lumps.
- Place a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Fill the Roti Jala mould (if you have one) I used the Jelabi dispenser with batter and quickly form a lacy pattern over the pan.
- Move the mould in a circular motion. Leave it for few seconds.
- Once cooked, turn it over on a plate. (Cook only one side).
- Fold the crepe into quarters or roll and stack up.
- Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve with any curry of your choice.