Who says you make only Gajar Halwa or Salads with Carrots? Try making this Creamy French Potage de Crécy Recipe! We loved it and was enjoyed with Focaccia.
Is this Roasted Red Capsicum Spread basically same Muhammara dip that I shared yesterday?
Yes, the main ingredients are same but the taste is different and delicious. I made both the dips together and wanted to post them in one post.
The girls could make out the difference so I thought I will dedicate a single post for this. I had told them to make sandwiches and they slathered one slice of the bread with Muhammara and the second with this spread. Of course, I have no pictures of the sandwiches they made but I can imagine with cucumbers, and tomatoes it must have tasted delicious.
Needless to say, they want a repeat of both the dips again! This one is from Vaishali’s place here.
Roasted Red Capsicum Spread
For the Roasted Red Capsicum Spread:
- 2 Red Capsicums
- 1 Medium-sized Onion chopped roughly
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Dried Red Chilli soaked for a couple of hours
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Til/ sesame seeds
- Roast the Red Capsicum in an oven or on gas.
- When charred remove from fire.
- Remove the charred skin and wipe gently with a kitchen towel
- Heat oil, add onions and garlic, toss till onions are transparent.
- Remove from fire.
- Let cool.
- Now put the onions, garlic, red capsicum, chilli, salt and vinegar in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Serve as a spread or a dip.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!