Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
Is this Roasted Red Capsicum Spread basically same Muhammara dip that I shared yesterday?
Yes, the main ingredients are same but the taste is different and delicious. I made both the dips together and wanted to post them in one post.
The girls could make out the difference so I thought I will dedicate a single post for this. I had told them to make sandwiches and they slathered one slice of the bread with Muhammara and the second with this spread. Of course, I have no pictures of the sandwiches they made but I can imagine with cucumbers, and tomatoes it must have tasted delicious.
Needless to say, they want a repeat of both the dips again! This one is from Vaishali’s place here.
Roasted Red Capsicum Spread
For the Roasted Red Capsicum Spread:
- 2 Red Capsicums
- 1 Medium-sized Onion chopped roughly
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Dried Red Chilli soaked for a couple of hours
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Til/ sesame seeds
- Roast the Red Capsicum in an oven or on gas.
- When charred remove from fire.
- Remove the charred skin and wipe gently with a kitchen towel
- Heat oil, add onions and garlic, toss till onions are transparent.
- Remove from fire.
- Let cool.
- Now put the onions, garlic, red capsicum, chilli, salt and vinegar in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Serve as a spread or a dip.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!