You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
called Marwari Vegetarian cooking!
- 100 grms split mustard seeds lightly roasted
- 100 grms methi/fenugreek seeds, lightly roasted
- 100 grms dhania/coriander seeds, lightly roasted
- 300 grms red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon haldi/ turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon hing/asafoetida
- ¼ cup oil
- Heat oil till it smokes. Take it off the flame and cool it completely.
- In a bowl combine the split mustard seeds, split fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric, asafoetida and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Store in air- tight containers.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!