How super excited I am for I am a part of Blogging Marathon #13 started by Srivalli.
I have chosen my theme as Rice.
Yesterday I wrote about making palak pulao. Today since my kids kept on pressing me to make it again I decided to hoodwink them. I made Radish Leaves Pulao and presented it as Palak Pulao!!
Basically, this is the same recipe as yesterday I will generally do not like to topple the apple cart when I have hit on a winner of a recipe. Just a few changes like adding flax seed powder for I want them to get the goodness of flaxseed also without them tasting it.
I do not know about you but my girls will not eat veggies like radish, turnip except maybe radish leaves in a pachidi. But frankly, how much Pachadi you can eat. It needs to be finished in one sitting so there were radish leaves chopped in the fridge. So today they went in my pulao.
The best part was that the girls are asking for more of this pulao even after telling them that it is radish leaves pulao so next time I will use tender turnip leaves. Don’t worry I will not bore you with the same recipe.
1 cups of rice, cooked and fluffed
½ cup of chopped radish leaves
1 big onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
1 green chilli (adjust as per taste)
1 tomato, chopped fine
1 tsp biryani masala
½ tsp Red chilli powder (optional)
1 tsp jeera
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp flax seed powder (optional)
½ tsp sugar (optional)
1. Heat oil in the kadhai/ wok add jeera and splutter it.
2. Add the garlic and fry till brown.
3. Add the onion and stir fry till translucent.
4. Add the tomato and fry till mushy.
5. Next in go the radish till they wilt.
6. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, biryani powder and flax seed powder (if you are using it).
7. Add the rice, sugar and salt mix.
8. Garnish with Carrot julienne and serve.
More when we meet tomorrow…