Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
We all love Pav Bhaji and I make it quite often, generally because there is too little of all the vegetables to be cooked individually or I am short of time.
Today I made Paneer Pav Bhaji it as I had to leave early and finish the few cubes of paneer left over in the fridge. Need I say more?
2 cup mixed vegetables like cauliflower, carrots, French beans
1 cup peas
1 capsicum, chopped fine
2 tblspn garlic paste
1 tblspn ginger paste
Pav bhaji masala
Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Butter/oil for frying vegetables
Butter for frying the pav
Coriander, onions chopped fine and lime for garnishing
1. Pressure cook the vegetables and potatoes for at least 2 whistles.
4. In a kadhai heat butter (I used butter for frying the onions in the past now I use oil) and add the ginger garlic pastes.
5. When they are done add the onions and fry on low heat till the oil comes out.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook till the oil comes out.
7. Add the Pav bhaji masala and the chilli powder till you get a fragrance.
10. When the bhaji starts to boil add the capsicum.
11. Put off the flame. Garnish with coriander.
On a non stick tava heat a big blob of butter. Put the pav cut in half and soak the butter, quickly turn the pav over and let the other side cook a little. When this side is done cook the other side.
Serve with finely chopped onions, and lemon wedge.