Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
I never did like snake gourd as a child the only time I ate it was when Amma made Bhajias. Then too I ate the outer covering and managed to get rid of the insides.
The effort has unconsciously carried over and I still do not like it. But I have heard that it is a very healthy vegetable so I tried to rather unsuccessfully incorporate it in our diet.
Half the gourd is used to make a salad for my FIL and then that is the end.
On Ugadi/Gudi Padva day I remembered this bhajias. I think I said 5 per head and made 20 pieces half expecting rejects I made potato bhajias too. Just imagine my surprise when both the girls ate and loved these more than the potato ones. In fact my younger kid is telling me to make some once more today as I was posting this recipe.
This is the last I saw these bhajias they were over before i could get a better photograph!!
20 pieces of snake gourd cut in circle
1 cup besan/kadli hit/chana daal atta
¼ teaspoon ajwain
A pinch of soda
1 tblspn hot oil
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder(adjust as per taste)
½ teaspoon haldi/turmeric
Oil for deep frying
1. In a kadhai heat the oil.
2. Mix the besan with ajwain, haldi/turmeric, salt, red chilli powder with a little water to make a thick batter.
3. Add the soda and mix well.
4. Add a tblspn of hot oil. The besan should bubble around the oil. Mix well.
5. Dip the snake gourd in the batter and deep fry golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve hot.