This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Pad Thai for Thailand
Again I go back to Wikipedia which says that , “Thai cuisine is the national cuisine of hailand. Balance, detail and variety are of paramount significance to Thai chefs. In his book The Principles of Thai Cookery, renowned celebrity chef,
writer and authority on Thai cuisine McDang wrote
for its complex interplay of at least three and up to four or five fundamental taste senses in each dish or the overall meal: sour, sweet, salty, bitter and spicy. Australian chef David Thompson, a prolific chef and expert on Thai food,
observed that unlike many other cuisines: "Thai food ain't about simplicity. It's about the juggling of disparate elements to create a harmonious finish. Like a complex musical chord, it's got to have a smooth surface but it doesn't
matter what's happening underneath. Simplicity isn't the dictum here, at all. Some westerners think it's a jumble of flavours, but to a Thai that's important, it's the complexity they delight in.”
pouring rain things were in a chaos. Finally, I did not get to taste any of the Pad Thai as the kids had loved it and finished it all.
My kids are thrilled about it. They keep reminding me that i have not eaten this awesome dish.etc etc.... Well I do want to eat this instead of drooling over the pics.... This is my entry for Blogging Marathon were we are on a whirlwind tour around the World in 30 days!!
Sticky Mango Rice makes a great dessert.
- 1 ½ cups flat rice noodles
- 4 tablespoon oil
- ½ tblspn garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cabbage, finely sliced
- 4-5 baby corn, sliced
- 3 tablespoon peanuts roasted and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup paneer cubes ( I did not use)
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion greens
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion greens, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania), chopped
- In large bowl soak rice noodles in warm water to cover until they are limp and white, about 45 minutes in my case. Please follow the instructions of your package.
- While noodles are soaking mix lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small
bowl. Set aside.
- In kadhai/wok heat oil over high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add the beans sprouts, then add carrot strips and green onions and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add peanuts and baby corn, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add lime juice mixture.
- Drain noodles and add to kadhai/ wok along with the cabbage.
- Cook covered until they soften and curl, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture among serving plates, sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with a slice of lime and coriander.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!
Varadas Kitchen says
Pad Thai has a such a great mix of flavors! Sorry you didn't get any. It gives you an excuse to make it again.
Sad that you did not get to taste but am glad you found an awesome recipe to please the guest. Pad Thai is one the most known and popular Thai dish. Nice pick for this country.
Priya Suresh says
Pad thai is my weakness, i can have it anytime.. am in love with ur plate, they looks simply awesome Archana.
Suma Gandlur says
Nice choice for Thailand. As Varada mentioned, it gives an excuse for you to try it again to please yourself and I bet your family would be glad.
Pad thai is something that I have been meaning to make Archana..you must make it again and enjoy!..
Harini-Jaya R says
This is my husband's fav!! I somehow never got to make this for him 🙂
Pavani N says
One of my absolute favorite noodle/ Thai dish..
Gayathri Kumar says
Looks so colourful and absolutely delicious..
Sreevalli E says
My fav. Pad thai... Looks inviting and tempting.
Chef Mireille says
one of my favorite Thai dishes
Padmajha PJ says
This is one of my favorite dishes and its been ages since I made / ate this dish..
Sapana Behl says
Pad thai looks delicious .My favorite ..