3 September, 2015
Mushroom in Creamy Herb SauceComments : 13 Posted in : Accompaniments, Blogging Marathon, Condiments, Cream, Creamy Herb Sauce, Garlic, German Cuisine, Kanda/Ullagaddi/Onion, Milk & Milk Products, Mushrooms, Olive oil, Pepper, Sage, Side Dish, Spring Onion on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Blogging Marathon, German Cuisine, Mushroom in Creamy Herb Sauce, sauce
This mushroom in creamy herb Sauce was made last moment as a I realised that #Badische Schupfnudeln (Potato Noodles)/ Fingernudel (finger noodle) and #Sauerkraut for today’s #Buffet on Table, will be dry and we need some gravy or sauce.
Incidentally, this is a #German Meal we are having today, there was not much enthusiasm. Till the potatoes were to be mashed ( read about it here).
I had all the ingredients at hand.
Like I said we had it with #Badische Schupfnudeln (Potato Noodles)/ Fingernudel (finger noodle) and #Sauerkraut. The girls came back telling me they want to eat more but cannot. Not an easy feat in my family we are big eaters so plan accordingly. You can also serve the #Badische Schupfnudeln (Potato Noodles)/ Fingernudel (finger noodle) with this yummy #Garlic Cheese Dip also but I feel again this will be dry too.
Mushrooms in Creamy Herb Sauce
This mushroom dish is ready in 10 minutes and it’s delicious your family will wow your cooking skills. But remember this is again a lip to waist dish…
- Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- 500 Grams Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon Parsley, dried
- ¼ Cup Spring onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup Coriander, chopped fine
- 200 ml Cream
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat and add butter and oil.
- Once oil is hot, add sliced mushrooms and garlic and salt.
- Let mushrooms sizzle about 5 min, stirring occasionally until they are golden brown.
- Add parsley, green onion and pressed garlic to the pan and sauté/stir another 2 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and herbs are fragrant.
- Stir in the cream on low flame.
- Bring to a light boil and continue to cook an additional 2 min then remove from heat.
- Sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Season with more garlic, salt, to taste if needed.
- Serve over pasta, rice next time I will try with quinoa.