Take a shortcut for your next Summer Party appetizer use bakery brought toast or Rusk! A simple and colourful snack that easy for kids to put together.
Last Updated on
Eat your hearts out girls but these are the raw mangoes hanging outside my kitchen service balcony. They are all mine. Mine to make anything out of them!
Even as I am crowing about the mangoes being mine my daughters are at work, plucking them out to just chop them and eat them! Well since I cannot stop them might as well join them!!! 🙂
The only time they listen to me is when I make pickle. The pickle gets over instantly!!
I wanted to make something that brought together the best of both winter and summer so what better than a mixed pickle? Mixed veggies I used cauliflower and dilli gajar and of course freshly plucked raw mangoes.
This is my entry for the month long Blogging Marathon under the theme” Seasonal”!
- 2 Raw mangoes, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets,
- 1 carrot, cut in batons
- 3 tblspn pickle masala
- ¼ cup hot oil( I use rice bran)
- Wash and dry the cauliflower florets.
- Take the oil in a vessel and heat it till it smokes. Switch off the gas and let the oil cool.
- Mix the carrots, cauliflower and the raw mango pieces with salt and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the pickle masala and mix really well.
- Transfer to a clean dry glass container and pour the cooled oil.
- This is an instant pickle it cannot be stored so make small quantities.
- The oil, when you are storing the pickle has to be above the pickled stuff at all times.
- You can use any ready-made pickle masala.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!