One of the best tasting Pasta Salads that is made with minimum wastage and pantry ingredients. The simple homemade dressing takes the salad from Blah to Yum! A great side dish too if you are looking for one.
This is a very short post. The reason being I am unable to type; my back is paining, it’s not raining….just excuses.
The reason is I have to put up a lot of posts. I just realized that I have once again missed some events that I wanted to send my entries too or the pictures are lying in my draft folders for so long that I have forgotten what I have made, how and when… what a disaster!!
So for now till I clear my pictures it will have to be short posts.
If you like to read me rambling about I am sorry.
I made muthia as our snack, basically because I needed to finish the methi leaves that I had. So here is what I did.
I have recently learnt that chopping up the methi leaves brings out the bitter taste associated with methi. I have not hence chopped up the leaves. In case you not comfortable with this please do chop up the leaves.
1 bunch Methi leaves washed and drained
½ cup coriander leaves washed and drained
1 cup wheat flour
½ cup corn flour
½ tsp Haldi
1 tsp Red chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
½ tsp Ajwain
1 tblsp Oil-+ more if you want to fry them( I did)
1. Put the drained methi leaves, chopped coriander leaves, some salt and oil in a big bowl. Rub in the salt and oil. Crush the leaves as you go. Let it stand for at least 10-15 minutes. In my case it was about ½ hour after this step that I could attend to the dish.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients mix to stiff dough.
3. Make longish rolls. Arrange the rolls in an oiled sieve.
4. In the cooker add enough water, put in a stand or a bowl wide enough to hold the sieve and stream the muthia in this container for 20 minutes without the whistle.
5. Let the muthia cool down. Now cut them and shallow fry them on a non-stick pan till well fried on both sides.
6. Serve hot with green chutney or like my kids ate with tomato sauce.
Notes: 1. Add some soda bi carb next time say a pinch or 1/8th spoon.