27 March, 2012
Hot Cross IdliPosted in : Bachelor Recipes, Blogging Marathon, Breakfast, Cheese, Chutney, Condiments, Fermented, Healthy food, Idli, Indian Cuisine, Kid Friendly, Lowfat, Rice the Versatile Cereal and Its Uses, South Indian Cuisine, Steamed on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Blogging Marathon, Cheese, Idli, Snack
My husband is a great fan of cheese.
Any cheese is okay with him in fact if there is no cheese, no let me rephrase it there have to be minimum 2 kinds of cheese at home else I am a bad manager!
Now he constantly after me to make cheese idli, his preferred breakfast or snack is idli or oats in buttermilk by the way, I have been scoffing at the idea all the time. Finally I could take it no more I made it here are the “Hot Cross Idlis”!
I must say they tasted good especially the ones in which I added the pumpkin peel chutney.
Here is what I did there are no proportions here. If you are making this idli please use your own proportions.
Pumpkin peel chutney
1. Make the chutney first. To make the chutney you will need pumpkin peels and this recipe of cucumber peels chutney . Here I have replaced the cucumber peels with pumpkin peels and used red chili powder in place of green chilies. Also I have omitted the coriander. Make a fine paste of the chutney.
2. Mix the prepared chutney with the idli batter.
3. Grease and fill the idli batter in the idli stand.
4. Cut the cheese slices in even lengths.
5. Arrange the cheese in a cross on the idli. (You can put more cheese).
6. Steam for 20 minutes.
7. Delicious idli is ready to serve.