An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
In this series of Pizzas, the next in line was Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza and Marinara Sauce.
I made Eggplant or Brinjal recipe as my first Pizza and the interest sort of waned. I made 3 pizzas and they kind of flopped. So I decided that I stick to what I know instead of experimenting.
With my confidence totally shaken I looked inward or rather blogward. What I had was Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza dough and Marinara Sauce. Absolutely as it is no changes? Of course not, I used basil in my Marinara Sauce.
The only toppings used mushrooms, capsicum and mozzarella and some hard cheddar cheese.
What I got were 3 thick pizzas. The appreciation that my girls gave “the best pizza “comparing it to Dominos Pizza was enough. The pictures of the slices I have are those that I ate with a sigh of relief that I finally got it right boy was I tired!
Whole Wheat Flour Pizza Dough
Store these Pizza bases in the Freezer they make an excellent meal/snack for any kind of toppings you want.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
For Pizza Dough:
- 2 ½ cups Whole wheat flour chapatti atta + some more to dust
- 2 teaspoons Instant yeast
- 1 cup Water (I needed 2 tblspn more)
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- A few leaves basil shredded (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, yeast, oil, salt, basil if using whisk well. Add the remaining ½ cup water at a time (I needed about 2 tblspn more).
- Add the remaining ½ cup water at a time (I needed about 2 tablespoon more).
- Mix well and knead it to form smooth pliable dough.
- Cover with a kitchen napkin and let it rest in a warm place in a greased bowl till double in size or 2 hours.
- After the end of the rise time the dough will have risen punch it down.
- Preheat the oven for 150 °C.
- Grease a baking tray with little oil.
- Divide the dough and make 3 balls for 3 pizzas.
- Dust the ball with the dry flour and roll the dough in a circle or spread the dough in a circle using your hands.
- Prick the base with fork for even cooking and to avoid puffing up.
- Transfer the rolled pizza base to the baking tray.
- You could bake in preheated oven at 150 deg C for 7-9 minutes.
- The base will leave the sides and brown it will also move easily in the tray. Your base is done do not over bake.
- Cool down completely and store in zip lock bag and keep it refrigerated.
- You can bring the base to room temperature when you want to make the pizzas and make it with your toppings.
The also ran …