What is the Holiday Season for if not to indulge in these delicious cookies? Choose from these #9 Delicious Cookies Recipes for Christmas! We love them all.
In this series of Pizzas, the next in line was Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza and Marinara Sauce.
I made Eggplant or Brinjal recipe as my first Pizza and the interest sort of waned. I made 3 pizzas and they kind of flopped. So I decided that I stick to what I know instead of experimenting.
With my confidence totally shaken I looked inward or rather blogward. What I had was Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza dough and Marinara Sauce. Absolutely as it is no changes? Of course not, I used basil in my Marinara Sauce.
The only toppings used mushrooms, capsicum and mozzarella and some hard cheddar cheese.
What I got were 3 thick pizzas. The appreciation that my girls gave “the best pizza “comparing it to Dominos Pizza was enough. The pictures of the slices I have are those that I ate with a sigh of relief that I finally got it right boy was I tired!
Whole Wheat Flour Pizza Dough
Store these Pizza bases in the Freezer they make an excellent meal/snack for any kind of toppings you want.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
For Pizza Dough:
- 2 ½ cups Whole wheat flour chapatti atta + some more to dust
- 2 teaspoons Instant yeast
- 1 cup Water (I needed 2 tblspn more)
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- A few leaves basil shredded (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, yeast, oil, salt, basil if using whisk well. Add the remaining ½ cup water at a time (I needed about 2 tblspn more).
- Add the remaining ½ cup water at a time (I needed about 2 tablespoon more).
- Mix well and knead it to form smooth pliable dough.
- Cover with a kitchen napkin and let it rest in a warm place in a greased bowl till double in size or 2 hours.
- After the end of the rise time the dough will have risen punch it down.
- Preheat the oven for 150 °C.
- Grease a baking tray with little oil.
- Divide the dough and make 3 balls for 3 pizzas.
- Dust the ball with the dry flour and roll the dough in a circle or spread the dough in a circle using your hands.
- Prick the base with fork for even cooking and to avoid puffing up.
- Transfer the rolled pizza base to the baking tray.
- You could bake in preheated oven at 150 deg C for 7-9 minutes.
- The base will leave the sides and brown it will also move easily in the tray. Your base is done do not over bake.
- Cool down completely and store in zip lock bag and keep it refrigerated.
- You can bring the base to room temperature when you want to make the pizzas and make it with your toppings.
The also ran …