Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
Pesara attu Upma, is a variant of the traditional Andhra Pradesh dish.
Pesara Attu is a dosa or a crepe, an Indian pancake made from Moong Bean or Moong Dal and Upma is stuffed in the Pesar Dosa!
I did mention in my earlier posts that I will be doing Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Food for Old age this September as my theme for #Cooking Carnival.
So what better than Pesara Dosa? Made from green bean they are healthy and easy to digest. Takes care of my protein right? Pesarhittu as it is known Kannada is popular as both breakfast and a snack.
The cousin of Pesara attu is Moong ka Cheela and widely consumed in Rajasthan. Small world right?
Pesara attu is served with ginger or tamarind chutney. Of course, there are variations you can make it like an Uttappa by adding onions, green chillies and ginger.
Pesara attu Upma is also known as MLA Pesara Dosa and is very popular as a part of the Andhra meals in MLA quarters.
For that let us go back to our BM#25, at Ahmadabad, ahh how I wish I was back there, reliving those memories here, here and here.
Anyway back to Ahmadabad, Padma had set up a live counter and yes she made lovely Pesarattu Upma. All my friends will agree its tastes amazingly delicious. Padma said it’s a norm for marriage where Pesara attu Upma is served.
Now, if I want to relive those memories I have to make it myself. Padma sent me the link to make the pesarattu. But, I was serving pesar dosa to the family for the first time to my family not too many experiments. Okay!
Finally after a lot of thought served Pesara attu with Capsicum Chutney and Healthy and Tasty Quinoa Uppittu.
In case you want to serve it with the traditional Upma here is the Upma recipe. You do not need a lot about one tablespoon per dosa is enough.
Healthy Pesara attu Upma
Pesara attu, a native of Andhra Pradesh is a dosa or a crepe, an Indian pancake made from Moong Bean or Moong Dal. Pair it with Upma to make delicious MLA Dosa.
- Preparation time: 240 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 250 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup Split moong dal/dhuli moong daal
- 1 tablespoons Raw rice
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 5-6 Green chillies (adjust as per taste)
- Other Ingredients:
- Salt to taste
- 1 Onion (Big), finely chopped
- ½ Inch ginger, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Jeera/cumin seeds
- Oil for frying dosas
- 6 tablespoons Upma
- Wash, rinse and soak 1 cup mung dal and 1 tablespoon raw rice in enough water for minimum 4 hours.
- Grind soaked moong dal, raw rice, 4-5 green chillies and 1 inch ginger in to a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- In the meanwhile prepare upma/upit and keep ready.
- Heat a non-stick tawa/skillet and pour a laddle full of moong batter and spread it in to a thin circle.
- Sprinkle a few cumin seeds, chopped onion, chopped ginger (if using) and drizzle a teaspoon of oil along edges of the pesar attu and cook till bottom turns in to golden.
- Now flip the pesar attu and cook for two minutes and turn it again.
- Add a tablespoon of upma on it and fold the pesarattu and take it out from the pan.
- Traditionally it is served hot with Allam pachadi but I served it with Capsicum Chutney.
[inlinkz_linkup id=648403 mode=1]