Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
Groans and protests herald Gawar chi bhaji in my place.
Is there something else? Mamma how come we have the same vegetable every other day?
Same reaction in your place? I don’t know why actually it's one of the healthiest bean.
The Gawaar, gavar, chavlikai, chitkimitki, Guar,cluster beans the botanical name of which is Cyamopsis tetragonoloba, is an annual legume and the source of guar gum.
In the wild Gawaar/cluster beans have never been found. For centuries the plant was domesticated and cultivated in India and Pakistan.
To make vegetable use younger, fresh chitkimitki/Guar/cluster beans They are narrow and long with tiny pods.
The seeds from the mature pods are dried and powdered to make gaur gum.Gaur gum is a star in industrial food preparations like ice creams etc. It is utilised as a thickening agent.
How to buy?
To make vegetable go buy tender cluster beans tender beans. The beans should not have any dark spots or even stains.
To make the vegetable string the beans.
In Maharashtrian homes, Gawari Bhopla chi Bhaji is a simple vegetable made regularly. My belief stems from the fact that I have eaten this Gawari Bhopla chi Bhaji after marriage.
I had some of the beans in the fridge and have used just 2 cups of the stringed and chopped beans.
Gawar Bhoplya chi Bhaji
- 2 Cups Gawaar strings removed and brokenpieces or chopped
- 1 Cups Red Pumpkin diced, tamda Bhopla
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ajwain
- ¼ Teaspoon Hing/Asafoetida optional
- ½ Teaspoon Haldi/Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilii Powder Adjust As Per Taste
- 2 Pea-sized balls of Jaggery
- Salt to Taste
- a!To Garnish:
- Dhania/ Coriander Leaves chopped
- Coconut freshly grated (I do not use)
- Heat the oil in a kadhai/wok.
- Add the ajwain. It will not splutter but the aroma will be unmistakable.
- Add the hing/asafoetida and the washed and rinsed Gawaar.
- Add the hing/asafoetida (if using) and the washed and rinsed Gawaar.
- Immediately add the pumpkin, jaggery, chilli powder, haldi, salt.
- Mix well. Add a little water then cover and cook till the gawar is done.
- Garnish with coconut (if using) and dhania leaves.
- Serve with chapatti, plain rice and amti.