The spicy and delicious condiment that peps up mealtimes! Simple to make Gun Powder Chutney uses flax seeds as one of the ingredients. How else do I feed the reluctant family flax seeds?
Chaliye aaj hum Dili chale… Come let’s go to Delhi the National Capital Territory of India is a metropolitan region in India.
across the metropolitan region. This is why Delhi is sometimes called the City of cities.
remember you have a nursing baby and any trouble with you will affect the baby.
Aloo Tikki Chaat
- 500 grams or 10 potatoes
- 4 slices Bread
- 3-4 tblspn corn flour
- 1 cup Green peas – a cup
- 1 tsp green chilli and garlic paste
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Amchoor powder
- ½ tsp pav bhaji masala
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli powder (optional)
- Salt to taste (a small spoon)
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 3-4 tblspn oil for frying
- Wash and cut in half the potatoes if they are big, this ensures cooking of the potatoes even in the cooker, this is especially true if you have new potatoes. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Remove and cool them.
- Meanwhile coarse grid the green peas.
- Heat oil add the green chilli and garlic paste, add the peas and stir.
- Now add the coriander powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder (if using) and salt. Stir fry for about 4-5 minutes. This is your filling for the tikki. Let it cool.
- By now your potatoes are cool enough to be handled peel and grate them.
- Soak the bread in a very little water and squeeze them out totally. Add to the grated potato. You can also grind the
bread in the mixer after making coarse pieces of the slices.
- Add salt and mix well like you knead flour. If the kneaded dough is sticky add the corn flour.
- Make 8 equal pieces of the dough; similarly make 8 parts of the filling.
- Oil your palms and make balls out of the potato dough. When the dough is smooth stick your thumb in the ball and make a cup, gently or you will break the cup and will have to repeat the procedure again.
- Add the filling in the cup, with your fingers gently close the opening of the cup.
- You will again hold a ball in your palms. Flatten the reformed ball a little.
- Set the tikki/ cutlets/pattis aside. Make all the tikki/ cutlets/pattis similarly.
- Roll the tikki/ cutlets/pattis in the bread crumbs. I like to think of the circle as wheels of the cart and coat the edges with the crumbs. This gives the tikki a nice shape.
- Meanwhile grease the non stick frying pan and put low heat. Arrange the tikki/ cutlets/pattis on the fry pan and spoon some oil on the tikkis.
- Fry till the side is golden brown (about 7-8
- Flip and fry on the other side similarly. Add oil as required.
- Transfer to a paper napkin.
- Allow it to cool a bit. Before serving.
- These tikkis can be had straight away. Transfer to a plate and serve with green chutney.
- But you want add an extra zing to the tikkis then add some finely chopped onion, tamarind chutney and fine sev or bhujiya.
|Aloo Tikki Chaat|
- You can also add green chutney, sweet chutney and chaat masala , yoghurt. Sorry no pictures.
- and you can have them plain.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!