Half the times I say no and the complaint to you never make
… blah blah is followed.
job here is grating the boiled potatoes. Mashing them makes them sticky and at
times there are fine lumps which will make rolling out a bit difficult in this shortcut method that I generally follow,
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For the Stuffing:
- 2 ½ cups boiled potatoes peeled and grated tsp jeera/cumin
- 1 tsp dhania/coriander powder
- 1 tbsp green chillies finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp dhania/ coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- whole wheat flour for rolling
- oil for cooking and greasing
For the dough:
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into semi-stiff dough. Keep
- For the stuffing:
- In the grated potatoes add the cumin powder, coriander powder,
green chillies, chilli powder, coriander leaves, and salt.
- Mix well till it forms soft dough.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Using the dry flour roll a portion of the dough into a circle
about of about 4 inches.
- Place a ball of the stuffing in the centre of the circle and
- Fold the edges over stuffing and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 6 inches circle using the flour
- Heat a tava/skillet and cook the paratha using a little oil
until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I
would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.
I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!