14 February, 2011
Subzi & DaalPosted in : Bachelor Recipes, Daal or Lentils, Dals or Daal, Healthy food, Indian Cuisine, Meal, Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Diet in Old Age on by : admin Tags: Accompaniments, Cauliflower, masoor daal, moong daal, Peas
|Daal & Subzi|
1/3 cup of moong, toor and masoor daal each
½ tsp mustard
½ tsp jeera
¼ tsp hing/asafoetida
1 green chilli, slit
1 onion, chopped
½ tsp garlic
½ tsp ginger
1 tomato, chopped fine
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp haldi
1 cup mixed veggies (I used cauliflower and peas)
1 tblspn oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash the daals together and pressure cook till tender. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil, add the mustard, jeera. When they crackle, add curry leaves and hing/asafetida. And the chillies and onion and sauté till onion is soft and translucent.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste, tomato and cook under cover till the tomato is mashed totally.
4. Add the chilli powder, haldi, mixed veggies. Mix well.
5. Add the daals, salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.