An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
|Daal & Subzi|
1/3 cup of moong, toor and masoor daal each
½ tsp mustard
½ tsp jeera
¼ tsp hing/asafoetida
1 green chilli, slit
1 onion, chopped
½ tsp garlic
½ tsp ginger
1 tomato, chopped fine
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp haldi
1 cup mixed veggies (I used cauliflower and peas)
1 tblspn oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash the daals together and pressure cook till tender. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil, add the mustard, jeera. When they crackle, add curry leaves and hing/asafetida. And the chillies and onion and sauté till onion is soft and translucent.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste, tomato and cook under cover till the tomato is mashed totally.
4. Add the chilli powder, haldi, mixed veggies. Mix well.
5. Add the daals, salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.