Many a times we order Vegetable Jalfrezi especially if we have a party. Somehow we all love the mixture of vegetable and the beautiful gravy that goes with it.
The other day in a cleaning spree I found this recipe. I had copied this recipe ages ago when we were still in the stage where recipes were copied or xeroxed and not scanned or downloaded or bookmarked, from one of the cookbooks I do not know which one please let me know if this jogs your memory and I will update the source name).
It suited my purpose as it was close to lunch time and I had a little cauliflower, 1 carrot, ½ capsicums, no French beans basically you can add and remove the veggies at hand!
The original recipe asked for grated paneer since I did not have any I used milk with a little salt added to it. It also asked for baking but I skipped that too but the jalfrezi was awesome!
This goes down in my to do list for the next party we host that is in May for Apeksha’s Birthday!
This is my Blogging Marathon entry for the month long Marathon under the theme” Occasions”!
Recipe source: Unknown
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables, boiled( French beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas, baby corn)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ capsicum, chopped( I used red and yellow)
- 1 tblspn garlic paste
- ½ tblspn ginger paste
- ½ to 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tblspn chopped coriander
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tblsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic and ginger paste till the raw smell goes away.
- Fry the onion till translucent
- Add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes become mushy. Helps if they are cooked covered.
- Add vegetables other than the capsicum, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander, salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup add the milk. Cook for 5-6 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Mix in the capsicum. (this is as we do not like the capsicum cooked).
- Serve garnished with coriander.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!