On Ashadha Amavasya is also called as Deepaanvit Amavasya lamps are worshipped. This simple and delicious recipe where Whole Wheat Flour Lamps are used to worship lamps. A simple and healthy steamed recipe from Maharashtra underlines that even lamp is worshipable.
Last Updated on
Chikki is something we like to eat a lot. Many times my husband and I eat Chikki as our dessert but I had never tried making it myself.
I had all the ingredients Chikki jaggery, til/sesame seeds the recipe and I made chikki .
150 grms Jaggery (Chikki),cut in small pieces
150 grms Til/sesame seeds
1 tblspn ghee
1 tblspn sugar
1. Keep ready a well greased rolling pin, a small bowl of water and your kitchen platform cleaned.
2. In a kadhai add the ghee and add the jaggery. Stir a bit.
3. The jaggery will immediately melt when it melts put a drop of the melted jaggery in the bowl of water. Now fish it out and press it between your fingers. When it forms a hard ball you jaggery is ready.
4. Put off the gas and add the til/sesame seeds and sugar. Stir quickly as the mass solidifies immediately.
5. Transfer to the platform and roll with the rolling pin.
6. I have cut the chikki too soon hence the pieces are not very even let it cool slightly and cut the pieces.