17 January, 2011
Til/Sesame Seeds Chikki` Sankranti SpecialPosted in : #4 Ingredient Dish, Bachelor Recipes, Dessert, Festive Cooking, For the Tiffin Box, Healthy food, Indian Cuisine, Kid Friendly, Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Diet in Old Age on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: jaggery, Sankranti Special, til, Til/Sesame Seeds Chikki
Chikki is something we like to eat a lot. Many times my husband and I eat Chikki as our dessert but I had never tried making it myself.
I had all the ingredients Chikki jaggery, til/sesame seeds the recipe and I made chikki .
150 grms Jaggery (Chikki),cut in small pieces
150 grms Til/sesame seeds
1 tblspn ghee
1 tblspn sugar
1. Keep ready a well greased rolling pin, a small bowl of water and your kitchen platform cleaned.
2. In a kadhai add the ghee and add the jaggery. Stir a bit.
3. The jaggery will immediately melt when it melts put a drop of the melted jaggery in the bowl of water. Now fish it out and press it between your fingers. When it forms a hard ball you jaggery is ready.
4. Put off the gas and add the til/sesame seeds and sugar. Stir quickly as the mass solidifies immediately.
5. Transfer to the platform and roll with the rolling pin.
6. I have cut the chikki too soon hence the pieces are not very even let it cool slightly and cut the pieces.