A quintessentially Hyderabadi dessert called Khubani ka Meetha Recipe. The beautiful colour and flavours makes this dessert irresistible. The apt Urdu word is “Shahi”or Royal!
Steamed Sooji na Dhokla,Safed Dhokla,Edada| Gujarati Cuisine
Steamed Sooji na Dhokla, Safed Dhokla, Edada was a part of Gujarati Thali that I made. These dhokla are delicious and simple to make.
These dhoklas from of course Vaishali’s place.
Hubby loved these dhoklas as I was told that Sooji Dhokla is delicious dhokla make more…. So looks like tomorrows breakfast is fixed.
So today please join me for #Batata nu Shaak, #Moong Dal ki Khichidi and #Gujarati Kadhi along with #Soojia Dhokla and #Safed Dhokla or Edada!
Sooji Dhokla or Sooji na Dhokla
A delicious snack or breakfast item that sure flies off the table.
For the Dhokla:
- 2 cups rava/semolina
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 cup beaten curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 sachet ENO
For the Chutney:
- 2-3 green chillies
- ¼ cup fafada or some besan farsaan
- Few leaves mint
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons Curds
For the Tadka:
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
To make the Dhokla:
- Mix curd, ginger, green chilli and salt to semolina.
- Add water to the mixture bring it to a thicker than dosa consistency.
- Heat water in the steamer.
- Add the ENO sachet to the batter.
- Whisk very well and pour about 2 ladlefuls in the greased thali and place it to steam.
- This should be done in 5-7 minutes.
- Apply a layer of chutney.
- Pour another two ladles of this batter. This should spread the chutney.
- Cover the steamer and steam.
- This time you can steam for a longer period, say 10-15 minutes.
- Your dhokla is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
To make the Chutney:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
To make the Tadka:
- Heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds. Once they crackle add the curry leaves,
- Drizzle over the dhokla.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56
[inlinkz_linkup id=533201 mode=1].
If you want to eat healthy and are looking out for dishes with Semolina you may like Spicy Corn and Cabbage Rava Idli and Cheesy Semolina Pops as an occasional treat.
Your comments, feedback are something I look forward to. So do comment and share with family and friends.