Last Updated on
Steamed Sooji na Dhokla, Safed Dhokla, Edada was a part of Gujarati Thali that I made. These dhokla are delicious and simple to make.
These dhoklas from of course Vaishali’s place.
Hubby loved these dhoklas as I was told that Sooji Dhokla is delicious dhokla make more…. So looks like tomorrows breakfast is fixed.
Sooji Dhokla or Sooji na Dhokla
A delicious snack or breakfast item that sure flies off the table.
For the Dhokla:
- 2 cups rava/semolina
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 cup beaten curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 sachet ENO
For the Chutney:
- 2-3 green chillies
- ¼ cup fafada or some besan farsaan
- Few leaves mint
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons Curds
For the Tadka:
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
To make the Dhokla:
- Mix curd, ginger, green chilli and salt to semolina.
- Add water to the mixture bring it to a thicker than dosa consistency.
- Heat water in the steamer.
- Add the ENO sachet to the batter.
- Whisk very well and pour about 2 ladlefuls in the greased thali and place it to steam.
- This should be done in 5-7 minutes.
- Apply a layer of chutney.
- Pour another two ladles of this batter. This should spread the chutney.
- Cover the steamer and steam.
- This time you can steam for a longer period, say 10-15 minutes.
- Your dhokla is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
To make the Chutney:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
To make the Tadka:
- Heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds. Once they crackle add the curry leaves,
- Drizzle over the dhokla.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533201 mode=1].