Making Yogurt Indian way is very easy. Homemade dahi is creamy, delicious and healthy too. Use this curds for a host of healthy benefits as a snack, dip, dressing or accompaniment to your meal.
I have my Mom’s cookbook, rather the cookbook that my Father
had presented my Mom. It was his way of telling her that he liked food to be
cooked in different ways not just the regular Karnataka Style.
cover when I flicked it, yes my sister does not know about the book and my
brother was too small and of course my bhabhi, she has no clue!!! 😀
make this delicious pickle and I do not know if she read this in the book or
it’s a traditional recipe! I have made this pickle too often to read the
ginger then add them in a clean bottle. Sprinkle salt in the bottle on a
regular basis. You will have delicious pickle ready.
This is my lemony entry for Blogging Marathon #46.
- 24 lime
- ½ kg green chillies
- ½ kg ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tblspn salt, heaped
- A big dry bowl
- Clean and dry glass bottle
- Wash and dry the lime.
- Similarly wash and dry the ginger pieces.
- Cut the lime in 8 pieces and drop them in the dry bowl.
- Peel and cut the ginger in small pieces add them in the same
bowl as the lime.
- Cut the green chillies in small pieces add them in the same
bowl as the lime.
- Mix 2 tblspn salt and turmeric in the bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt in the jar.
- Put the jar in sun everyday with a clean muslin cloth tied
on top. Do this for 6-7 days. In case you don’t have sunshine then you will
need t 15 days for the pickle to get ready.
- Stir the lime daily by shaking the jar.
- My Mother-in-Law added slices of karela/bitter gourd too. It
was tasty and not bitter.
then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I
would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.
I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!