23 May, 2014
Ranjka/Thecha ~ A Chilli PreserveComments : 9 Posted in : Blogging Marathon, Chillies, Green chilli, Indian Cuisine, Karnataka Cuisine, Maharashtrian Cuisine, Pickle, Preserve on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Blogging Marathon, Condiments, Karnataka Cuisine, Maharastrian Cuisine, Preserve, Pungent preserve with red/green Chillies, red chillies
|Ranjka/Thecha ~ A Chilli Preserve|
In Karnataka it’s traditional to make Ranjka also known as Thecha in Maharashtra.
This was true as long as Amma could manage it. There used to be pickles, jams and sauces made according to the season. So in the season when red chilles were available ranjka was made.
never finish what I start.
- 15 green chillies
- 6 pods garlic
- 2 ½ tblspn oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch fenugreek powder
- Pinch asafoetida
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In the chutney pot of the mixer grind chillies and garlic.
- In a kadhai/wok heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Immediately add fenugreek powder and asafoetida.
- Add the ground paste to the oil and stif fry till the oil comes out.
- Get off the flame Add salt and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Serve with bhakari and zunka.
- I use this to add flavour to the Bombay pav bhaji while re frying the veggie on the tava.
- Try a minuscule in Misal Pav too.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!