After I made these strawberries
once they disappeared encouraged I made them again. Only to be told they are too sweet. Unwilling to bin them I made these muffins.
The basic recipe is what I learnt at Vandana’s I have only replaced the maida with ragi.
· 100 grms ragi flour
· 100 grms amul butter
· 1 cup strawberries & chocolate puree
· 100 grams sugar( you can use upto 125 grms but then I found these sweet enough)
· 2 eggs
· About 40 grams chopped walnuts (optional)
· ½ tsp vanilla essence
1. Melt butter in aluminium container carefully. Cool it.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixer and keep aside.
3. Sift the ragi with baking powder.
4. Preheat the oven to 150°C for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the sifted ragi to the butter. Mix.
6. Add the eggs and sugar mix.
7. Add the vanilla essence and mix.
8. Finally, add the pureed strawberries and nuts (if using) I did not. Reserve a few for garnishing.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake at 150°C in a prepared tin bake for 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes for a cake and 20 minutes for a cupcake or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. After 10 15 minutes remove the batter and add nuts on top.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#24
Sending this to Kids delight, valli’s page, WTML, Makar Sankranti, New U, Makar Sankranti,
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!