Bake a Bajra Carrot Cake or Pearl Millet Carrot Cake for a healthier lifestyle. Try it.
Ragi Cupcakes BM#24
After I made these strawberries once they disappeared encouraged I made them again. Only to be told they are too sweet. Unwilling to bin them I made these muffins.
The basic recipe is what I learnt at Vandana’s I have only replaced the maida with ragi.
· 100 grms ragi flour
· 100 grms amul butter
· 1 cup strawberries & chocolate puree
· 100 grams sugar( you can use upto 125 grms but then I found these sweet enough)
· 2 eggs
· About 40 grams chopped walnuts (optional)
· ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Melt butter in aluminium container carefully. Cool it.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixer and keep aside.
3. Sift the ragi with baking powder.
4. Preheat the oven to 150°C for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the sifted ragi to the butter. Mix.
6. Add the eggs and sugar mix.
7. Add the vanilla essence and mix.
8. Finally, add the pureed strawberries and nuts (if using) I did not. Reserve a few for garnishing.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake at 150°C in a prepared tin bake for 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes for a cake and 20 minutes for a cupcake or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. After 10 15 minutes remove the batter and add nuts on top.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#24
Sending this to Kids delight, valli's page, WTML, Makar Sankranti, New U, Makar Sankranti,
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!
Prathima Rao says
Healthy & soft..Loved the idea of adding ragi..
Prathima Rao says
Healthy & soft muffins...Loved the idea of adding ragi..
Padmajha PJ says
Love ragi and that too in cakes is a great idea!
Nivedhanams Sowmya says
that is very interesting.... love the idea of using ragi in place of maida!!! bookmarking it!!!
Ongoing Event - Mission - Breakfast
Healthy n very super moist cupcakes.
Raagi instead of maida, this is a treat and a healty one too!
That's really so healthy making it with ragi..looks very nice..
Hamaree Rasoi says
Yummy and healthy ragi cupcakes. Wonderfully prepared.
Saraswathi Tharagaram says
Very healthy cupcakes. Will try soon.
Interesting cupcakes with ragi. Thx for linking.
Event: New U - 2013
Turmeric n Spice says
That's a healthy recipe
Latha Madhusudhan says
My fav nachini...like 1, like 2, like 3....Can I grab one. Pls...
Padmajha PJ says
Archana regarding your query on my blog, I got the hibiscus powder from the kadhi gramodyog bhavan here. Let me know if you need some, I shall send it across 🙂
Wow.. Ragi flour cupcakes--what a healthy & delicious addition. Looks yumm!!
Wow ! Looks Amazing..:)..
Perfect breakfast muffins,yummy!
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations
Chef Mireille says
so healthy using ragi
This looks so moist and soft..bookmarked.
Wow...the flour is lovely to bake with 🙂
Swasthi Blank says
loved these healthy cup cakes Archana.
The Pumpkin Farm says
nice sponge and moist for unconventional flour
preeti garg says
Look Awesome cupcakes
Healthy cup cake niceeeeeeeeee
Jayashree T.Rao says
The cake looks soft and delicious. Would love to try sometime. It's good that you have used Ragi here, making it more healthy.