A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
usually served on fresh banana leaves.
they were not interested but Apeksha came to my plate and flinched a potato. She loved it and asked me to make it again. Only please do not add the brinjal and pumpkin in it was the request. So I made it again this time without the brinjal and pumpkin…. What is left other than potato so call it potato bhaji is what I was saying to myself.
I have written down the exact recipe but I have used only potatoes. Also,I have stuck to my rice bran oil the original use mustard oil.Yesterday I had said will share the recipe of Hamarcha Rawt, a chilli condiment. It was great but eat in small quantities. The side effects can be quite powerful.
By the way, I made both but forgot to take pictures of the Hamarcha Rwat. It was later that I remembered and took the pics.
Panch Phoran Tarkari
- 100 Gms. Pumpkin diced
- 2 Large potatoes diced
- 1 Large brinjal diced
- 2 Large dry chillies slit
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp Aniseeds
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cold milk
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil and add all the dry spices
- Stir-fry the spices, add the cut vegetables and mix well.
- Add the green chillies, sugar, salt, turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Pour enough water and to cook the vegetables.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender and the water is absorbed.
- Add milk and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Serve hot with rice or poori.
- On the side, I served Hamarcha Rawt as spicy chilli condiment.
- Roast 500 grms of chillies on a tava till they blacken. (I did it directly on the flame).
- Cool this and grind it to a smooth paste with salt.
- Add 2 finely chopped onions and 1 ‘grated ginger.
- This is the original recipe I scaled it down to 4 chillies, 1/2 onion and 1/4 tsp of grated ginger.
Linkong to Fabulous Friday Feast at Pavani’s
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!