Last Updated on
usually served on fresh banana leaves.
they were not interested but Apeksha came to my plate and flinched a potato. She loved it and asked me to make it again. Only please do not add the brinjal and pumpkin in it was the request. So I made it again this time without the brinjal and pumpkin…. What is left other than potato so call it potato bhaji is what I was saying to myself.
I have written down the exact recipe but I have used only potatoes. Also,I have stuck to my rice bran oil the original use mustard oil.Yesterday I had said will share the recipe of Hamarcha Rawt, a chilli condiment. It was great but eat in small quantities. The side effects can be quite powerful.
By the way, I made both but forgot to take pictures of the Hamarcha Rwat. It was later that I remembered and took the pics.
Panch Phoran Tarkari
- 100 Gms. Pumpkin diced
- 2 Large potatoes diced
- 1 Large brinjal diced
- 2 Large dry chillies slit
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp Aniseeds
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cold milk
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil and add all the dry spices
- Stir-fry the spices, add the cut vegetables and mix well.
- Add the green chillies, sugar, salt, turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Pour enough water and to cook the vegetables.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender and the water is absorbed.
- Add milk and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Serve hot with rice or poori.
- On the side, I served Hamarcha Rawt as spicy chilli condiment.
- Roast 500 grms of chillies on a tava till they blacken. (I did it directly on the flame).
- Cool this and grind it to a smooth paste with salt.
- Add 2 finely chopped onions and 1 ‘grated ginger.
- This is the original recipe I scaled it down to 4 chillies, 1/2 onion and 1/4 tsp of grated ginger.
Linkong to Fabulous Friday Feast at Pavani’s
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!