A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
I hope you have enjoyed your trip around the world with us! Wondering what I am talking about? Okay we at
blogging marathon are off” Around the World in 30 Days”! Foodies’ hai bhai kya? Food par he bolenge!
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups water+8 cups
- 6 tblspn oil
- 1 tblspn red sauce( recipe coming soon)
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ cup rajma, soaked and boiled
- 1/3 cup corn, boiled
- 2 tsp chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp dhania/ coriander seed powder
- ½ cup capsicum, sliced
- 1/3 cup onions sliced and separated
- ½ cup cabbage sliced fine
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper powder, freshly ground
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp jalapeño water (I substituted with vinegar)
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander leaves
- Wash and soak the rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Strain and discard the water.
- Boil the 8 cups add 2 tblspn oil add the rice. Cook uncovered till the rice is done.
- Once the rice is cooked strain the rice in a colander.
- Cool the rice for 1 hour. Then to cooked rice apply oil, salt and 1 tbsp red sauce.
- In a kadhai/wok heat, 2 tbsp oil add the garlic, ginger pastes. Stir.
- Add boiled rajma, boiled corn, green chillies, and coriander seed powder. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, onions, cabbage and stir. The ingredients should not cook fully.
- To this add the prepared rice, oregano, pepper powder, butter. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño water, if using else add the vinegar and coriander.
- Serve hot.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!