In many Goan Catholic families, Alle Balle is served as a Teatime snack. These delicious pancakes are stuffed with coconut and palm jaggery. Try it!
This is one delicious Grilled Sandwich that can be served as an open toast.
Add or remove any vegetables of your choice. For non-vegetarians, boiled chicken will be yum.
My younger daughter, Akanksha, carries breakfast to school. So every day is a big problem if I give her something like jam toast she does not like it. Cheese toast is also a no-no but she loves grilled sandwiches.
At home, she is willing to eat it as open toast but in school, she carries it as grilled sandwich.
To make the filling:
½ cup rava
½ green capsicum
½ red capsicum
1 cup cabbage, grated
¼ cup Cauliflower, grated
1 cube of cheese, grated
½ cup cream
½ cup cream
I tablespoon tomato sauce
- Mix all the ingredients except the bread slices.
- Stand the mixture for at least ½ an hour.
- Spread on the bread slice if you are making a sandwich put another slice
- Grill for an open sandwich put on a lightly greased tava and fry only one side.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.