Last Updated on
Food expert Rushina in Reader’s Digest May’09 give the recipe of Chermoula Prawns. She has said that Chermoula is a marinade used in Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian cooking, usually for fish and seafood but she likes it with chicken, potatoes and mushrooms.
She has also said Chermoula has many recipes using different proportions here is what I made and we have liked.
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tblspn chopped coriander leaves
5-6 tulsi i.e. holy basil leaves
2 tblspn lemon juice
2 green chillies
200 g mushrooms cut into quarters
- In the mixer grind all the ingredients into coarse puree season with salt.
- In a bowl arrange the mushrooms sprinkle some salt.
- Spoon the above mixture covering the all the mushrooms well.
- Cover and refrigerate for ½ an hour, stir occasionally.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a foil lined tray and grill on one side for 3 minutes.
- Turn the mushrooms carefully and grill again I did it for 5 minutes this time.
Tastes just yummy!!!
P.S. Girish has asked me to try it on boiled vegetables. Will do it sometime next week and report.