14 December, 2018
Simple Ice Cream Loaf Cake
Simple Ice Cream Loaf Cake is a simple yet a delicious cake that can be done with just 3 ingredients.
There are times when you lose track of what you are to do, right? It is happening to me just now. I had forgotten that I had signed up for Recipe Swap and would have forgotten it had my partner Seema not tagged me in her write up. Thank you, Seema! And thank you Facebook! I would have done the unforgivable act of forgetting to reciprocate my fellow blogger’s achievements.
Seema blogs at Mildly Indian, do not go by the name it is a delicious repository of some delicious recipes both traditional Indian and of course western. Her recipe index is something I am in love with she has from active lifestyle food, alkalising diet, geriatric diet, teen diet, weight loss diet! I told you it is a repository. There are quite a few that I have wanted to try to make and have them bookmarked. So it would have been simple.
But I have managed to land in a soup… I have signed up for Bake-a-ton too! In bake-a- ton we post 3 days a week just baked stuff.
It is if you have your list ready and baked and written and pictures edited.
I am at none of the above. And hence I am scrambling with pictures that I had taken ages ago and kept just for reference (I will like to think my style has improved and I am not fishing for compliments).
Anyway, I needed a baked dish to make up for the big gaps in my schedule. So I went through Mildly Indian. Managed to land on one delicious bake that needs just 2 ingredients.
Ice cream loaf!
Once I read the recipe I was like is it possible? But then I went and kept the leftover well-set ice cream on the counter. And came back and baked this yummiest cake in the world. The finish is so smooth and the taste it is yum. In fact, I think that I will use the recipe the next time I need to do frosting. Seema my apologies for being a Doubting Tom!
My cake is small for I had just one cup of ice cream I have halved the ingredients. The baking powder is not in the original recipe. I told you I was Doubting Tom. The chocolate chips happened to be there, after all, it was Akanksha’s birthday and she was to bake for her friends. the edges are not even as i was lazy to cut out the sides.
Simple Ice Cream Loaf Cake
- Servings: 18 slices
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups ice cream any flavour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder (optional)
- A few chocolate chips(optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350F.
- Grease an 8-inch loaf tin, and line it with paper. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl measure out the thawed pourable ice cream.
- Whisk the wheat flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold the wheat flour and baking powder mixture in the ice cream. Do not over mix.
- The batter will be sticky but smooth mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tin.
- Scatter the chocolate chips
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Your bake is done when the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it sit in the mould for 10 minutes.
- Unmould and let it cool before you slice it.
- I have used nut butterscotch ice cream.
The other bakes that I have done in the past are
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon
Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!