Caramel Apple and Plum Mini Pizza
Pizza, we love them so why not make a Fruit Dessert Pizza? Why not Caramel Apple and Plum Mini Pizza with Nutella and Goat cheese?
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Resting Time:1 hr
Servings: 15 servings
Bowl for mixing
For the Cookies:
- 1-1/2 cups maida/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 56 grams butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the Toppings
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 apple sliced
- 2 plums
- 1 small block of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup homemade salted caramel sauce
- Nuts I forgot
In a bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in colour. Please use the handheld beater or the stand mixer.
Beat in the eggs and the vanilla essence will the eggs are well mixed.
Add the flour gradually till well mixed.
Shape in a disk or like me a roll an wrap in a cling wrap and keep in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
Preheat the oven 180ºC/350ºF.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper grease lightly with oil. I used sunflower oil.
If like me have made a roll on a lightly floured surface cut the roll in equal pieces. Lightly shape them in small disks with greased hands. (The dough is sticky hence work fast or keep the roll back in the fridge).
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes till set.
Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely.
Transfer to an air-tight container.
When ready to serve the Caramel Apple and Plum Mini Pizza apply the Nutella to the cookie.
Add the apple and plum slices, grated cheese and drizzle the homemade salted caramel sauce on top.
- If you have made a disk on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 12” circle.
- You can replace the eggs with 1/2cup of curd.
- I have used apples and plums as they in season. You can use strawberries, kiwis, raspberries, grapes, orange segments.
- The topping options are sprinkling icing sugar and cinnamon on top of each fruit pizza.
- Top with walnuts, pecans, or nuts of your choice.