Make delicious Raw/Green Mango Pickle this season!
Servings: 1 Big bottles
- 1 kg Raw Mango
- 100 grams pickle masala
- 125 grams Salt
- 2 cups Oil about 250 -300 ml
- 5-10 grams Rai/mustard seeds approx
- 5 grams Hing/Asafoetida approx ( I use the rock hing called Shankar chaap)
- 5-10 grams Haldi/turmeric powder approx
Wash dry and sun the pickle bottle. Also, wash dry and cut the mango with a clean and dry cutter.
In a big bowl add the mango pieces, salt, haldi and the masala and set aside for about half an hour.
Meanwhile heat the oil and splutter the mustard seeds add the hing after mashing it up.
Let the oil cool down.
Add the cooled oil to the mango mixture and mix well.
Transfer to the glass jar. Cover and let it mature in the sun for 2 weeks.
- This is my pickle masala link.
- In case after transferring the mango pieces the mango pieces are not submerged under the oil. Heat and cool some more oil and add to the pickle bottle.
- In case you do not plan to preserve the pickle satr eating it immediately.