Healthy Egg Omelette is Protein rich and doubles up as Breakfast, Brunch, Snack or Dinner! Your choice
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 big mushroom finely chopped
- 2-3 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Haldi/turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 slices Bread
In a big bowl add half of all the ingredients i.e. the onions, mushrooms, chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt and eggs.
Beat with a fork till the volume doubles up.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan.
Add the 2 tablespoons milk and beat again.
The pan must be hot lower the flame to minimum and add the mixture to the pan.
Swirl the pan so that the mixture spreads well. You can also use the spatula to move the egg mixture to the edges of the pan.
Here you can dip the slices of bread in the egg. Then turn the slices over. This way the slices are coated with egg on both the sides.
Once the eggs set and the mixture appears cooked in the centre carefully flip the omelette and cook on the other side.(look at notes for easy flipping techniques)
Repeat with the balance ingredients.
To flip an omelette without hassles you can use 2 methods.
- Use a lid with a heat proof handle and invert the pan on the lid after loosening the sides of the omelette. The omelette will drop in the lid then gently ease it into the pan the uncooked side down.
- This is difficult but I love this method give the pan a sharp jerk. The omelette must jump out of the pan and then it turns over. Hold the pan steady under the falling omelette. A lot of practice and torn omelette later I still have troubles when I try this method.