Qorma-e-Sabzi | How to make Spinach Stew
Qorma–e-Sabzi or Spinach Stew is an Afghan preparation which can be combined with meat or just plain as a vegetarian dish.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 6 cloves garlic chopped, optional
- 2-3 bunches Spring onions chopped
- 3-4 bunches Palak/spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tsp dhania/coriander seeds powder
- 1/2 cup Dhania/ Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp kali mirch/pepper powder
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cups paneer marinated in garlic and onion optional
In a large kadhai/wok heat the oil and sauté the garlic until golden brown.
Add the onions and sauté until tender.
Add the spinach and cook on medium heat.
Stir regularly cook till the spinach settles down and the liquid boils.
Add the dill, coriander leaves and powder, pepper powder.
Stir well and reduce the heat so that the liquid bubbles gently.
Cook for another 10 more minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the spinach very tender.
At this stage I added the paneer that I had kept marinated in garlic and onion.
Stir well and cook stirring occasionally.
Switch off the gas and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
Serve with rice or naan. Personally I preferred it with this Afghan challow.