13 December, 2009
Veg ManchurianPosted in : Accompaniments, Cabbage, Indo-Chinese on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Accompaniments
It was Akanksha’ s Birthday & hence we had Veg Manchurian and Hakka Noodles for all of us. Here is manchurian recipe.
For the Manchurian balls
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 onion chopped fine
1 green chilli (optional)
¼ cup coriander chopped fine.
Oil for frying
1. Heat the oil.
2. Mix all the ingredients and form small balls. The dough naturally becomes wet as you mix the cabbage. So I have not specified the amount of maida needed. I needed about 1 and ½ cup maida.
3. Immediately Deep fry till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
For the Gravy:
2 medium onions chopped fine
15-20 garlic chopped fine
1 tsp ginger
2-3 green chillies chopped fine
1 green capsicum, chopped fine
1 cup Spring onions the green shoots chopped
2 tblsps dark soya sauce
1tsp chilli sauce
1 tblsp tomato sauce
½ cube of maggi
2 tblsps corn flour dissolved in ½ cup water.
1 tblsps oil
1. Heat oil add the ginger garlic and green chillies and sauté till the garlic is golden.
2. Add onions and fry till pinkish.
3. Add the sauces and magi cube.
4. To make a gravy you have add water (decide on the amount of gravy you need and adjust corn flour accordingly) adjust salt and bring to boil. Lower the flame and mixing continuously add the corn flour mix.
5. As the mixture thickens add the capsicum and spring onion shoots.
6. Add the Manchurian balls.
7. Mix and serve immediately.