26 May, 2018
Silken Tofu Creamy Ranch Dressing
Silken Tofu Creamy Ranch Dressing is a vegan dressing made by blending silken tofu with lemon, herbs and spices.
Ranch Dressing is relatively new in my place but since my mayo is store-bought mayo I want to avoid it. This is reason one for trying this dressing.
Secondly, this silken tofu was in my fridge for ages. In fact, I was about to bin it as I did not know what to make out of it and I happened to stumble on this delightful low-calorie dressing.
Since it is tofu what kiddo generally refuses to eat I am happy to include this in our diet masked. She did not know Tofu was the star ingredient.
The other salad dressings/ additions that I have tried are
This dressing is adapted from here.
Silken Tofu Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Serve: 1 small jar
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 tbsp chives crushed
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion small
- Salt to taste
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Add all the ingredients in the chutney bowl of the mixer and blend.
- Your vegan silken tofu ranch dressing is ready.
- Serve chilled with boiled vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.
- Mix in a salad or use as a spread in a sandwich.
- Use up the dressing in 2 days.
- I have used soy milk you can use regular milk but then it will not be vegan.