Let’s go the Andhra way today. For our BM#50 meet, I reached one day in advance with Viashali. Padma was waiting for us with this delicious Andhra Thali! Needless to say, I went crazy with the food that she had dished up.
I wanted to make it.
So I kept searching Padma’s blog for the recipe but could not find it. Finally, I email her and asked her for the recipe.
She was kind enough to send me the recipe. Padma this recipe was what helped complete my Andhra meal. What better way to share this recipe than the #Buffet on the Table!
I had also asked her for Nella Kharam recipe, yes when my thali was ready I expected it to get it ready with my Andhra Thali, but no I suppose that will have to be another post.
Potlakaya Koora or Snake Gourd Vegetable
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 snake gourd
- ½ teaspoon haldi/turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon channa dal
- ½ teaspoon jeera/cumin
- a few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop onion, cut snake gourd in fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard, channa dal, cumin, curry leaves then add chopped onion and fry till transparent .
- Now add snake gourd pieces, salt, turmeric mix well cover and cook in a very low heat till snake gourd pieces are tender.
- Let it cook for few minutes time mix in between now add chilli powder mix well.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with dal and rice.