Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
The benefit of turmeric is well documented in Ayurveda; it is amazing how well integrated turmeric is in Indian Cooking. Just the other day I read that the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease is less in India thanks to this magical yellow powder that we use.
Ambehalad this is” nothing but fresh halad is what I told my colleagues at work” but I have been feeling guilty ever since for I am better educated now Ambehalad is the rhizome that when cut gives the smell of freshly cut unripe mangoes.
So what I thought of as Ambehalad is halad or turmeric, hence my posts name should be Olaya Haldiche Lonche!
The ingredients are simple and there are no set proportions. I soaked the turmeric in water for 1/2 and hour then grated it you can cut it into fine pieces if you wish
1 cup halad/ turmeric, grated
1 tblspn methi
1 tblspn pepper
Rock Hing about the same size as the methi. If you are using powdered hing use 1 tblspn.
1 tsp oil
Phodni of mustard in 3 tblspn oil (cooled)
1. In the tsp of oil roast hing, when you get the aroma of fried hing remove it.
2. Fry next the pepper, remove.
3. Switch off the gas and add methi. You will have to remove the methi almost immediately; as if methi becomes black it will taste bitter.
4. Cool the masala and grind them fine.
5. Mix the grated Halad and all the ingredients. Serve with almost anything paratha, chapatti, and rice.