You can make this gluten-free ladoo, a round ball of melt in the mouth magic called Besan Laddu or plain Besan Unde. Simple pantry ingredients make this sweet a divine offering to the Gods! Served in a traditional meal as a sweet or as a dessert, a delicacy made with Bengal Gram flour you cannot stop eating just one!
The other day I was to meet Sharmila Rao as I was to pick up some books from her. Actually I think that books is just an excuse, I like to meet her.
- 1 ½ cups rice flour
- ½ cup maida
- ½ cup butter
- The oil from pickle (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 spring curry leaves
- Oil to fry
- While this is mixed heat oil in a kadhai/wok.
- Mix the rice flour, maida, butter, curry leaves and oil from the pickle if using. Check the salt use if needed.
- Knead to a soft dough. Use water only if needed.
- Pinch off small bits of dough in the hot oil.
- Fry till light golden.
- Store in a air tight container.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!