Last Updated on
One of my favourite sweets (there is only one sweet that I do not like rest are all my favourites) is Gajar Ka Halwa. There is nothing that beats the delicious halwa that just melts in your mouth like butter under hot knife, snow in sun…. get the idea.
The moment we start getting these carrots which are called as dilli ka gajar I just fantasizing about this halwa or gajar kheer. In fact when I start making this halwa till I finish the making I never know if it will be making halwa or kheer. The reason being since I am the only person who is going to eat both these I never stock up or buy mava. The day I decide that the craving for gajar sweet cannot be ignored anymore I commence making this delicious gajar halwa. In case I have time( also patience to wait ) it ends up as halwa else I finish it as kheer.
This is my breakfast but that does not mean that you cannot have it for lunch,tea or dinner followed by dessert! It will taste awesome with ice cream, vanilla ice cream!
This is my Blogging Marathon entry for the month long Marathon under the theme” Seasonal”!
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar (adjust as per taste)
- Handful of cashew pieces/raisins
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cardamom/ green elichi powdered
- Scrape the carrots and grate them.
- In a kadhai/wok heat the ghee and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Add the grated carrots and sauté for a minute on medium heat or till the carrots wilt a little.
- Add milk and cook on medium heat till the moisture almost dries up.
- Add sugar and cook till it thickens again.
- Add the cardamom powder stir well and Enjoy!
PS: I follow the same procedure for Kheer only I do not dry up the milk. Also the milk is double the grated carrots.