If you do not want to spend ages in the kitchen to make dessert? Need a simple but elegant dessert for dinner party?Try Poached pears with ice cream, whipped cream or even with a cake.
I had watched the great cook Madhur Jaferry make this on BBC long time ago. I loved the way she demonstrated this simple recipe and from then on Cauliflower and Potato is one vegetable that is always welcome on our table.
The only change that I have made is reduced the oil used and added a tomato.
About ½ a kg cauliflower cut into florets
3 potatoes boiled
1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi
3-4 greed chillies slit (Adjust as per taste)
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp haldi/turmeric
½ tsp chilli powder (Adjust as per taste)
Today I used 1 tomato
1. Peel the boiled potatoes and cube them. Wash and drain the cauliflower.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai and add jeera.
3. When the jeera blackens add cauliflower.
4. Mix well and cook under cover till the cauliflower becomes a bit reddish and looks toasted.
5. Now add the rest of ingredients. Mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the flame and stand covered for about 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot.